Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day Two 40 Days of Focus: Relationships

Have you ever been in a room where someone else was present and yet they were not really present? Physical presence is not the same as giving of yourself. Many times people will pretend to listen, even going so far as to make sounds in response to imply they are paying attention. It's easy to feel the lack of effort. You may have experienced this recently. You may even have done it to someone else. Real relationships come from real presence. What keeps you from really giving all your attention to others?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think when I have not given what's on my mind to God (my own worries, needs, etc) I can't be available to others. I have to release my own interests to make room for other people's interests.

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had parents that were so in love, so fun, so kind and even handed that it is actually a high benchmark and tough act to follow. Hence I'm happily single until the one God wants to find me comes into my life! Hello God! I'm waiting!!

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home