Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day One: 40 Days of Focus: Relationships

Imago Dei, “The Image of God.” Genesis 1:27 says, “Let us make man in our image.” Although scholars throughout the ages have struggled to agree on the exact meaning of this term, it is clear that you and I were made to bear the imprint of God. When I see you, I see God. Not long ago I was looking at a calendar my mom received from her brother. It was a family calendar with old black and white pictures from their childhood which he had cleverly arranged with everyone’s birthday in mind. When I turned to April, I saw a picture of my mother at age 12, sitting on the grass in her front yard. It was almost unbelievable how much my 11 year-old daughter looked like her. Claire bears the image of her grandmother. They look alike. But it doesn’t stop there. They also have similar mannerisms, preferences and personality. When God looks at you, He sees Himself and He is drawn to you. If you do nothing special today, know that you are special still.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gene Webber said...

The Almighty has a profound sense of humor does He not?
I find it difficult to get my head around all the defining attributes that God reveals to us, especially in "His image" speak. I have meditated many an hour on this and have yet to come to a conclusion of the matter. I guess I am left to accept what He has revealed....and I am OK with that. There are many questions I have that will have to wait until I am on the other side of eternity...

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home