Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 37 - 40 Days of Focus: Evangelism

Inviting My Neighbors to Easter

Is Easter really so offensive that we have to pretend it doesn’t exist? My family is getting together for a nice celebration dinner Sunday after church. When we called to invite one of my family members they were not able to come because they were already booked with an appointment for dog obedience classes. I could hardly imagine it… Easter Sunday people were going to just carry on like it was another Sunday with no observing Easter at all? How could that happen? Is America forgetting Easter?

So, I know it might not be well received but I feel convicted to do it. I’m going to write each of my neighbors that I’ve been praying for and invite them to come to church on Sunday. It’s quite likely that none of them will come. Yet I feel like I must invite them. This Sunday is Easter. Even if none of them decide to join us, at least they won’t forget. Worse than skipping church on Easter is forgetting it’s Easter completely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home