Monday, March 18, 2013

Day Twenty-Six Forty Days of Focus: Relationships

Why do you work where you do? Did your job come from God or from Craigslist? Sometimes it seems like our job is none of God's concern. He's busy running the universe and I've got bills to pay. A Biblical, Christian view of our job is that God is in control of every detail of our lives, including work. James 4:13-15 says, "Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” What is God's will for your work? If you find that the place you work is the place God wants you in as part of His will, it can change the way you view your job.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love my job. I know it was God's gift to me for personal provision and his mission. I am fortunate to work with people who care about the lives we touch. I praise God for the opportunities he has given me.

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home